Autism Berkshire’s new season of free pre-assessment workshops for parents and carers starts next month, delivering tailored support in towns throughout Berkshire.
If your child has just been placed on the Berkshire CAMHS waiting list for an autism assessment and you are you looking for information about what support is available while you wait for an appointment, these workshops are for you.
The workshops, which run for two-and-a-half hours, all have places available. They are being held at venues in the following locations:
- Reading: first workshop on Thursday, September 21
- Wokingham: first workshop on Monday, September 25
- Bracknell: first workshop on Tuesday, September 19
- Windsor: first workshop on Monday, September 18
- Slough: first workshop on Friday, September 22
- Thatcham: first workshop on Wednesday, September 13
- Hungerford: first workshop on Wednesday, October 18
If you are busy on any of these dates, further workshops will take place at all these locations later this year or early in 2018. Details of all our forthcoming pre-assessment workshops are available by clicking on the link below.
The sessions will include a look at autism and sensory issues; strategies to help communication, sensory and behaviour issues; information about what happens in the assessment; and signposting for further help if you receive a diagnosis and what to do if you do not receive a diagnosis.
Click here for more details of Autism Berkshire’s pre-assessment workshops and to register online for free places.
If you would like further information about these or any other of the range of workshops that Autism Berkshire provides, or have difficulties booking online, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on 01189 594 594.
- Our pre-assessment workshops are provided in conjunction with the Berkshire CAMHS ASD Pathway team and are funded by the Berkshire East and Berkshire West federations of NHS Clinical Commissioning Groups.