Free places are available at forthcoming pre-assessment workshops for parents and carers of children aged 5+ who are on the Berkshire CAMHS waiting list for an autism assessment.
The workshops offer advice and strategies to help families while they wait for an appointment, including:
- A look at autism and sensory issues
- Ideas to help communication and address sensory and behavioural issues
- Information on what happens in the assessment
- Signposting for support if you receive a diagnosis/if you do not receive a diagnosis of autism
Forthcoming workshops are as follows:
Reading: Tuesday, February 23; Tuesday, March 13
Bracknell: Monday, January 15; Monday, March 12
Windsor: Monday, January 22; Monday, March 5.
Wokingham: Monday, January 29.
Thatcham: Monday, February 5.
Hungerford: Wednesday, March 7.
Parents and carers living in Slough can book places at workshops taking place in Windsor or Bracknell.
Recent feedback we have received from people who attended sessions included the following comments:
“Extremely useful, go!”
“I liked sitting down with other parents who are in a similar situation… I didn’t know any parents who are going through what I’m going through.”
“I was really relieved and felt very supported that the people that were involved actually had experiences of autism… they were listening from a place of understanding, rather than education.”
- Our pre-assessment workshops are funded by the Berkshire East and Berkshire West NHS Clinical Commissioning Group federations.