Autism Berkshire is delighted to offer a new Problem-Solving Toolkit Workshop course for parents, carers and professionals in conjunction with Cerebra, the charity for children with brain conditions, including autism.
The workshop will:
- Consider commonly-occurring problems that parents face accessing services
- Recognise different types of dispute
- Identify and use the problem-solving approaches within the Toolkit.
The first workshop will take place on Monday, June 26, from 10am to 2pm at the New Directions South Reading Centre, 330 Northumberland Avenue, Whitley, Reading, RG2 8DH.
The workshop is open to all parents or carers of disabled children, young people or adults resident in Berkshire, and to professionals who support parents and carers.
The workshop is free of charge, but we are asking for a £5 contribution for lunch and refreshments.
Click here for more details about the workshop and to book places online.
If you would like further information about the course, or have difficulties booking online, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 594 594.
Feedback from people who have attended these workshops has been positive:
- “A wonderful guide to help parents, thank you so much. It is a real maze and you have provided a crutch for parents to use.” (A parent)
- “I will be recommending this resource to the families that I work with. It is wonderful.” (A professional)
Cerebra is funded to deliver these workshops by the Santander Community Fund, via the Community Foundation in Wales, and the Boshier-Hinton Foundation.