Autism Berkshire is expanding its training services for professionals, offering an improved range of workshops for those whose jobs involve supporting autistic children, young people and adults.
The workshops aim to give participants an understanding of what autism is and how it can affect autistic people’s social and communication skills, sensory processing and behaviour, and explain strategies to help them.
Our training team, which includes autistic adults, already works with major local organisations including Reading Buses and Thames Valley Police and NHS trusts.
The workshops available include bite-sized introductions to autism and half-day and all-day sessions exploring aspects of autism in depth.
Sessions available are as follows:
- An Overview of Autism: A one-hour introduction to autism
- Autism Update: A one-hour information session to expand and update understanding of autism
- Understanding Communication and Sensory Processing Differences in Autistic Children and Young People: A three-hour half-day workshop.
- Understanding and Supporting Distressed Behaviour in Autistic Children and Young People: A one-day workshop (up to 6 hours).
- Food Refusal in Autistic Children and Young People: A three-hour half-day workshop.
- Sleep Difficulties in Autistic Children and Young People: A three-hour half-day workshop.
The workshops are designed for audiences of up to 20 people and can be delivered online or, subject to current coronavirus guidance and public health advice, at a workplace or an external venue.
If there is sufficient demand for a particular workshop, we will set up sessions bringing together individual professionals or small teams from different organisations.
Fees are negotiable for the bite-sized autism overview and update workshops. Half-day workshops cost £250 and one-day workshops £500. Please note that venue hire, if required, is not included in these fees.
Click here for full details of the workshops, who should attend and what they will learn.
We are also happy to provide tailored workshops for organisations to meet specific training requirements.
- For more information about professional training from Autism Berkshire and to arrange a workshop booking, email email@example.com or call 01189 594 594 (option 3).