Parents and carers can now request places for the spring and summer programme of workshops and courses being delivered by Autism Berkshire and Parenting Special Children for the Berkshire West Autism & ADHD Support Service.
And there will be a social interaction skills group course for autistic and ADHD children aged 11 to 16 (ie school year groups 7 to 11) who are in mainstream education.
The workshops and courses are available to families who are registered with a GP surgery that is part of the Berkshire West CCG (which serves Reading, Wokingham and West Berkshire) whose children have an autism and/or ADHD diagnosis or are on the NHS waiting list for a Berkshire CAMHS autism assessment for autism and/or ADHD. Click here for a list of the CCG’s surgeries.
Four of the workshops are suitable for families of autistic children and/or children with ADHD, looking at emotional regulation, sleep difficulties, food refusal and the transition to adulthood.
The full workshop programme provided by Autism Berkshire is as follows:
- Friday, May 21: Understanding Autism, 10am to 11.30am.
- Friday, May 28: Food Refusal for Autism & ADHD, 10am to 11.30am.
- Fridays June 11 and June 18: Meeting Sensory Needs Parts 1 and 2, 10am to 11.30am.
- Fridays June 25 and July 2: Managing Anger Parts 1 and 2, 10am to 11.30am.
- Friday, July 9, Emotional Regulation for Autism & ADHD, 10am to 11.30am.
- Date to be confirmed: Autism in Girls.
Click here for more information about these workshops.
Parenting Special Children is providing two courses, made up of three linked workshops, for parents and carers of children with a diagnosis of ADHD or who are on the Berkshire CAMHS waiting list for assessment. These are: An Introduction to ADHD; Anxiety & ADHD; Behaviour & ADHD.
The courses are on the following dates:
- Tuesdays May 11, 18 and 25, 7pm to 8.30pm.
- Tuesdays June 15, 22 and 29, 7pm to 8.30pm.
Autism & ADHD workshops for parents and carers delivered by Parenting Special Children are as follows:
- Monday, March 29, Transition to Adulthood,10am to noon.
- Friday, June 18, 10am to noon, Sleep Difficulties, 10am to noon.
Children and young people aged 8 to 16 who are in mainstream education, and already have an autism or ADHD diagnosis or are on the Berkshire CAMHS waiting list for an assessment, can join a social interaction group course led by Parenting Special Children, running between 4.30pm and 6pm on the following Mondays: May 24 (meet and greet introductory session), June 7, June 14, June 21, June 28, July 5, July 12. NB: No session on May 31, due to school holiday.
Click here for details of how to register children for the course.
- If you would like to register for free places at any of the autism or ADHD workshops, request places at the social skills group for children and young people, or have any questions about them, complete our online contact form, email email@example.com or call 01189 594 594 (option 1) and leave a message. Please put Workshops & Courses in the subject line of your message and include a daytime phone number.