Parents and carers can now request free places for the autumn programme of workshops and courses being delivered by Autism Berkshire and Parenting Special Children for the Berkshire West Autism & ADHD Support Service.
The workshops and courses are available to families who are registered with a GP surgery that is part of the Berkshire West CCG (which serves the Reading, Wokingham and West Berkshire council areas) whose children have an autism and/or ADHD diagnosis or are on the NHS waiting list for a Berkshire CAMHS autism assessment for autism and/or ADHD. Click here for a list of the CCG’s surgeries.
Please note that dates and time for some workshops and courses are yet to be confirmed, but places are now available at the following workshops:
Autism advice workshops provided by Autism Berkshire, running online from 10am to 11.30am, are as follows:
- Understanding More About Autism: Friday, October 1.
- Sensory Differences: Part 1, Friday, October 8; Part 2, Friday, October 15.
- Supporting Behaviour: Part 1, Friday, November 5; Part 2, Friday, November 12.
- Autism & Girls: Friday, December 3.
The following joint autism and ADHD workshops, running online, are also available:
- Sleep Difficulties (with trainers from Parenting Special Children’s Sleep Service) Friday, October 22 (Noon to 2pm)
- Food Refusal, Friday, November 19 (10am to 11.30am)
- Emotional Regulation, Friday, November 26 (10am to 11.30am)
- Transitions to Adulthood: Date to be advised
Click here for more information about these workshops.
Parenting Special Children is also providing the following series of three linked ADHD advice workshops for parents and carers of children with a diagnosis of ADHD or who are on the Berkshire CAMHS waiting list for assessment. These are: An Introduction to ADHD; Anxiety & ADHD; Behaviour & ADHD.
The series of workshops will run on the following dates (all 7pm to 8.30pm):
- Thursdays September 16, 23 and 30
- Thursdays October 14, 21 and 28
- Thursdays November 11, 18 and 25
Click here for more information.
And for children and young people, Parenting Special Children will run two six-week Social Skills Group courses, with sessions taking place after school, from 4.30pm to 6.30pm, as follows:
If you would like to request free places at any of the autism or ADHD workshops, or the social skills group for children and young people, or have any questions, complete our online referral form, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 594 594 (option 1) and leave a message. Please put Workshops & Courses in the subject line of your message and include a daytime phone number.