Autism Berkshire was founded as the Berkshire Autistic Society in 1990 by a group of parents of children with autism, related conditions and challenging behaviours.
Today we are the leading autism charity in Berkshire and deliver quality specialist services, training and social and leisure activities throughout the county, guided by a team of trustees with personal and professional experience of autism.
Hear from some of the people who use our services
Our mission is to help and support anyone living with autism in Berkshire. We aim to enhance the current provision of services and support, with the purpose of improving the quality of life of people with autism and giving them maximum independence.
We do this by:
- Providing information and advice through a helpline, events, workshops, outreach, publications and newsletters;
- Running accessible social and leisure activities for children and adults;
- Providing specific autism training and support;
- Working with education, health, emergency and employment services and the six main local authorities in Berkshire to deliver autism-appropriate services;
- Raising awareness in the wider community to promote greater understanding.
Autism Berkshire in Three Words
Click here for details of our policies on safeguarding children and adults, data protection, equal opportunities and complaints.
Click here to read our 2018-19 Annual Review.
Click here to read our 2017-18 Annual Review.
- Autism Berkshire was awarded Safe and Sound status in September 2017 by Reading Voluntary Action (RVA) for our good standards of governance. The award runs for three years. Click here for more information about RVA’s Safe and Sound scheme.
- In September 2018, we received a Platinum Excellence Award from the Slough Quality Protects Programme, making us the first organisation to achieve this award. The scheme, run by Slough Council for Voluntary Service, recognises the high organisational and safeguarding standards of voluntary sector bodies working in the borough. Click here for more information about the scheme.