The Berkshire West Autism & ADHD Support Service’s free workshops and courses available online for parents, carers, children and young people in the fourth quarter of 2021 are as follows – see the Autism Support and ADHD Support pages for more details.
If you would like to register an interest in attending workshops or courses or have any questions, please complete our online referral form, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 594 594 (option 1) and leave a voicemail message.
If you are a health, education or social care professional who supports ADHD children and young people and their families and you want to make a referral to the service, please click here for our referral form for professionals.
These are suitable for parents and carers of autistic children, whether they have a diagnosis, or are waiting for a Berkshire CAMHS assessment.
Understanding More About Autism: Friday, October 1.
Sensory Differences: Part 1, Friday, October 8; Part 2, Friday, October 15.
Supporting Behaviour: Part 1, Friday, November 5; Part 2, Friday, November 12.
Autism & Girls: Thursday, December 2.
Teen Life Autism Courses
Teen Life: Due to high demand, we are operating a waiting list for parents and carers to join these courses. If you would like to attend a future course, please send an expression of interest to email@example.com and we will contact you when a place becomes available.
ADHD Advice Workshops
Please note that these are delivered as a linked series, made up of three workshops, and are suitable for parents and carers of children with ADHD, whether they have a diagnosis, or are awaiting an assessment.
- Introduction to ADHD: Thursday, September 16, 7pm to 8.30pm.
- Anxiety and ADHD: Thursday, September 23, 7pm to 8.30pm.
- Managing ADHD Behaviours: Thursday, September 30, 7pm to 8.30pm.
- Introduction to ADHD: Thursday, October 14, 7pm to 8.30pm.
- Anxiety and ADHD: Thursday, October 21, 7pm to 8.30pm.
- Managing ADHD Behaviours: Thursday, October 28, 7pm to 8.30pm.
- Introduction to ADHD: Thursday, November 11, 7pm to 8.30pm.
- Anxiety and ADHD: Thursday, November 18, 7pm to 8.30pm.
- Managing ADHD Behaviours: Thursday, November 25, 7pm to 8.30pm.
Autism/ADHD Advice Workshops
These are suitable for parents and carers of autistic children and for parents and carers of children with ADHD, whether they have a diagnosis, or are awaiting an assessment.
Transitions to University Q&A Clinic: Friday, September 17.
Transitions to Adulthood: Thursday, October 21.
Sleep Difficulties: Friday, October 22.
Food Refusal: Friday, November 19.
Emotional Regulation: Friday, November 26.
Social Interaction Groups for children
SocialEyes courses for young people
A SocialEyes course for young people aged 16 to 18 will take place during the autumn school term. Details will be made available at a later date, but please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you or a family member would like to express an interest in taking part.
- Please note that all these services are only available to parents/carers and children and young people who are registered with a GP surgery in the Berkshire West CCG area (Reading, Wokingham and West Berkshire) – click here for a list of surgeries – who have an autism and/or ADHD diagnosis or are on the NHS waiting list for a Berkshire CAMHS autism assessment for autism and/or ADHD.
- Autism Berkshire and Parenting Special Children also provide other services for parents, carers, children young people and autistic adults that are not funded by the NHS. Details are available on their websites.