The Berkshire West Autism & ADHD Support Service’s free workshops and courses available online for parents, carers, children and young people in the first quarter of 2021 are as follows – see the Autism Support and ADHD Support pages for more details.
If you would like to register an interest in attending any of these workshops or courses, are a professional referring a client, or have any questions, please complete our online contact form, email email@example.com or call 01189 594 594 (option 1) and leave a voicemail message.
These are suitable for parents and carers of autistic children, whether they have a diagnosis, or are waiting for a Berkshire CAMHS assessment.
Understanding Autism: To be advised.
Meeting Sensory Needs: Part 1, Friday, June 11, 10am to 11.30am, with Part 2 at the same time on Friday, June 18.
Managing Anger: Part 1, Friday, June 25, 10am to 11.30am, with Part 2 at the same time on Friday, July 2.
Autism & Girls: Friday, July 16, 10am to 11.30am.
Teen Life Autism Courses
Teen Life: Please send an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend a future course and we will contact you when places are available.
Please note that these are delivered as a linked course, made up of three workshops, and are suitable for parents and carers of children with ADHD, whether they have a diagnosis, or are awaiting an assessment.
Course 1 – click here to register online
- Introduction to ADHD: Tuesday, June 15, 7pm to 8.30pm.
- Anxiety and ADHD: Tuesday, June 22, 7pm to 8.30pm.
- Managing ADHD Behaviours: Tuesday, June 29, 7pm to 8.30pm.
These are suitable for parents and carers of autistic children and for parents and carers of children with ADHD, whether they have a diagnosis, or are awaiting an assessment.
Food Refusal: To be advised.
Emotional Regulation: Friday, July 9, 10am to 11.30am.
Sleep Difficulties: Friday, June 18, 10am to noon. Click here to register online.
Transition to Adulthood: Thursday, June 17, 10am to noon. Click here to register online.
Social Interaction and Skills groups for children
A course for children aged 11 to 16 will run between 4.30pm and 6pm on the following Mondays: May 24, June 7, June 14, June 21, June 28, July 5, July 12. NB: No session on May 31, due to school half-term holiday.
SocialEyes courses for young people
A SocialEyes course for young people aged 16 to 18 will take place during the autumn school term. Details will be made available at a later date, but please email us at email@example.com if you or a family member would like to express an interest in taking part.
- Please note that all these services are only available to parents/carers and children and young people who are registered with a GP surgery in the Berkshire West CCG area (Reading, Wokingham and West Berkshire) – click here for a list of surgeries – who have an autism and/or ADHD diagnosis or are on the NHS waiting list for a Berkshire CAMHS autism assessment for autism and/or ADHD.
- Autism Berkshire and Parenting Special Children also provide other services for parents, carers and autistic adults that are not funded by the NHS. Details are available on their websites.