The Berkshire Adult Autism Support Service uses a stepped approach to helping autistic adults.
For some people, advice, information and signposting provided on the phone or by email by a Helpline adviser will meet their needs.
However, other people may need a one-to-one appointment with one of our autism mentors for an in-depth discussion.
These appointments will normally be available by phone, or online using a video conference app. Our mentors will ask questions to find out a person’s needs, discuss options for advice and support and agree next steps with them. These could include:
- A recommendation or a reference to access other help available from the service, such as autism advice workshops, or to other activities provided by Autism Berkshire, such as benefits advice
- A reference to support provided by other organisations, such as help to access employment
- Time-limited support to help service users to implement a plan of action
To contact us if you have any questions and for an initial discussion of your support needs, please get in touch with our advisers by
- Filling in our online contact form.
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calling 01189 594 594 (select option 1) – if the line is busy or you call outside office hours, please leave a voicemail message including a daytime phone number and one of our advisers will contact you.
We aim to respond to all messages within 24 hours on weekdays.
The Helpline is supported by the Frimley and Buckinghamshire, Oxfordsie and Berkshire West NHS Integrated Care Systems, the Edward Gostling Foundation, Bracknell Town Council, Crowthorne Parish Council and Wokingham Without Parish Council.