The Berkshire West Autism & ADHD Support Service uses a stepped approach to helping parents and carers of autistic children and young people, pre-assessment and post-diagnosis.
The Helpline is a free and confidential service available from Monday to Friday (except bank holidays) offering information and advice to autistic people of all ages, their parents and carers, and professionals who support autistic children and young people, and advice and signposting to support for families of children with an ADHD diagnosis, or waiting for assessment.
For some people, advice, information and signposting provided on the phone or by email by our Helpline advisers will meet their needs.
However, other people may need a one-to-one appointment with one of our family support workers for an in-depth discussion.
These appointments will normally be available by phone, or online using a video conference app. Our staff will ask questions to find out a person’s needs, discuss options and agree next steps with them. These could include:
- A recommendation or a reference to access other help available from the service, such as autism advice workshops, or to other activities provided by Autism Berkshire, such as benefits advice
- A reference to support provided by other organisations localyy or nationally
- Time-limited support to help service users to implement a plan of action
To contact us if you have any questions and for an initial discussion of your support needs, please get in touch with our advisers by
- Filling in our online contact form.
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calling 01189 594 594 (select option 1) – if the line is busy or you call outside office hours, please leave a voicemail message including a daytime phone number and one of our advisers will contact you.
The Helpline is supported by Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire West NHS Integrated Care Board, the Edward Gostling Foundation, Bracknell Town Council, Crowthorne Parish Council and Wokingham Without Parish Council and Berkshire Community Foundation.