Welcome to the Berkshire Adult Autism Support Service.
This free service provides advice, workshops, courses and activities for autistic adults throughout Berkshire, aged 18 and above, who have an autism diagnosis – or are waiting for assessment.
It is run by Autism Berkshire on behalf of the Frimley NHS Integrated Care System and the Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire West NHS Integrated Care Board.
It is not possible, or appropriate, for the service to provide all the support that autistic adults may need. It is specifically funded to provide support to people who do not meet criteria for help from other NHS-funded services, such as mental health and learning disability teams. If someone is being supported by other services, we can provide consultation about their needs, as appropriate.
Help available from the Berkshire Adult Autism Support Service includes:
- Adult Support Helpline
- One-to-one Support
- Autism advice workshops – topics include Anxiety & Autism; Planning & Organising; Sensory Differences; Understanding Other People.
- Problem-solving and advice meet-ups – with sessions for autistic adults and their parents/carers
- Activity groups – full details to follow
You can contact the service or request places at workshops or on courses and for activities at any time by:
- Filling in our online referral form
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calling 01189 594 594 (option 1) and leaving a voicemail message
NB: Please include a daytime phone number in any messages, so that our team can contact you. We will treat all people who get in touch with respect – please treat our staff in the same way, they are here to help and support you.
Autism Berkshire also provides other support and activities for autistic adults, funded by local and national charitable trusts and foundations. These include:
- The 197 Club social group in Reading
- The Bear With Me social group in Maidenhead
- The Walk & Talk activity group in East Berkshire
- The Thames Valley Autism Alert Card