Joining Autism Berkshire as a member ensures that you receive the latest information about autism-related issues and services in Berkshire and helps to support people living with autism throughout the county.
Benefits of membership include:
- Members Welcome Pack
- Connect with a community of people in a similar position to you
- A regular email newsletter with information about Autism Berkshire activities and events
- Access to our library of books and DVDs on autism-related issues
- Access to our library of sensory toys and products
- Reduced ticket prices for selected Autism Berkshire activities
- Social events for members, including fun days at the Thames Valley Adventure Playground and activities for adults
- A copy of our Annual Review and a vote at our Annual General Meeting
Standard membership costs £20 per year, and is suitable for people with autism, parents or carers of people with autism, or any non-professional who wishes to support our work
Concessionary membership costs £10 per year, and is for students, pensioners and those whose only household income is from state benefits. If you are on a low income and the cost of standard membership is a barrier to joining us, you may also qualify. If you are unsure whether you qualify, please call 01189 594 594 or email email@example.com.
Your organisation gets all the benefits listed above and you can bring up to nine colleagues to any of our training events for the professional member rate.
When registering, we suggest that an individual is nominated to be the main contact and to receive mailings. However, it is possible to change the primary contact at a later date should an organisation wish to do so.
Click here or on the thumbnail to download a copy of our leaflet. If you return you application by post, send it to 40 Caversham Road, Reading, RG1 7EB.
If you decide to join us online, as well as paying the membership fee via Paypal, we would like you to let us know how we should contact you and what kinds of information you would like to receive from us.
You can do this by completing our simple online contact details form – click here for the form. All the information you provide will be stored securely and will not be not shared with other organisations.
You can boost the value of your membership to us by 25p of Gift Aid per £1. We reclaim the money from the tax you pay for the current tax year. To do this, select Yes for Gift Aid option below.
Please note that by selecting Yes, you are agreeing that if you pay less Income Tax or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed, you are responsible for paying any difference.
If you pay Income Tax at the higher rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue & Customs to adjust your tax code.
Please notify us if you want to:
- Cancel your Gift Aid declaration
- Change your name or address
- No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains