Autism Berkshire is this year’s chosen charity for the 2018 Englefield 10k Run, which takes place on the August Bank Holiday Sunday, August 26.
The event is held on a multi-terrain course around the Englefield Estate, near Theale.
There is still time to register to run if you would like to take part and join hundreds of other competitors who will be raising money for us.
There is also a 3.5 kilometre course for under-15s and visitors can also enjoy a walk in the parkland at the estate, which is being opened for the event by permission of the Benyon family.
Spectators are welcome and refreshments will be on sale, but you are welcome to take a picnic if you prefer.
Please note that dogs are not permitted on the estate, because there there are deer in the parkland.
The schedule for the day is as follows:
- 09.15 Gates open
- 09.30 Registration opens
- 10.30 Site roads closed to traffic
- 10.45 Registration closes
- 11:00 Start of the Englefield 10k
- 11:15 Start of the under-15s race
- 12:15 Results and medals ceremony
- 12.30 Event ends
The Englefield 10k Run is organised by the Rotary Club of Reading Abbey and Tadley Runners.
Click here for full details of the event and to register if you would like to take part.
– We are looking for volunteers to help us on our stall on the day of the run, and to set up and pack up before and after the event. If you can help, please call the office on 01189 594 594 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Picture: Rotary Club of Reading Abbey/Vanessa Lovegrove Photography