Autistic adults can now request free places at the first series of online autism advice workshops from the Berkshire Adult Autism Support Service.
The workshops, which cover a range of topics, with helpful tips and strategies autistic adults can use, are all taking place on Fridays, between 12.30pm and 2pm.
The four workshops available are as follows:
- Sensory Difference: Friday, February 10 – please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on the day of this workshop if you would like to attend
- Planning & Organising: Friday, February 17
- Anxiety & Autism: Friday, February 24
- Understanding Other People: Friday, March 3
Click here for more information about the content of these four workshops.
Along with all other advice and help from this NHS-funded service, the workshops are open to autistic adults adults living in Berkshire, aged 18 and above, who have an autism diagnosis – or are waiting for an autism assessment – and who do not meet the criteria for support from other NHS-funded specialist services, such as mental health and learning disability teams.
NB: We regret that NHS funding rules mean we cannot offer places at these workshops to people who are not registered with a GP surgery in Berkshire.
If you would like to request a free ticket to attend any of the workshops – or to attend at a later date when we run them again – please email email@example.com or call 01189 594 594 and leave a voicemail message. Please put Autism Advice Workshops in the subject line of emails, tell us which workshop(s) you are interested in attending and include a daytime phone number if possible.
- You can use also these contact details to get in touch with our advisers if you need other help and advice from the Berkshire Adult Autism Support Service, or request support by filling in our online referral form – we will then contact you to discuss how we can help.
The Berkshire Adult Autism Support Service is run by Autism Berkshire on behalf of the Frimley NHS Integrated Care System and the Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire West NHS Integrated Care Board.