The Berkshire Adult Autism Support Service is running more free evening autism advice workshops for autistic adults in September.
The aim of these sessions is to help autistic participants to increase their understanding of aspects of autism and increase their confidence navigating daily life and social situations.
Please note that you must be registered as a patient with an NHS GP surgery in Berkshire to take part in these workshops.
We recommend that people attend the full set of four workshops to get the most benefit from them, as the topics they cover complement each other.
The workshops will take place on Tuesday evenings in September, between 7pm and 9pm, as follows
- Sensory Differences, September 5
- Planning & Organising, September 12
- Anxiety & Autism, September 19
- Understanding Other People, September 26
Click here for information about the content of these workshops for autistic adults.
Autism Berkshire’s chief executive officer, Jane Stanford-Beale, said: “We have moved back the start time of these workshops to 7pm after some people told us the 6pm start to evening workshops that we ran in the spring was slightly too early for them to take part, due to the time they got home from work or college.”
- Free places at the workshops can be requested by contacting the Berkshire Adult Autism Support Service by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01189 594 594 and leaving a voicemail message.
The service will be running another set of online advice workshops for the parents and carers of autistic adults in October. Details of the dates will be posted on this website once arrangements have been finalised.